This time last weekend, these lovely people were together in Miami.
We left Friday 9am, returned Sunday 6pm. Our mission for the weekend was to serve two ministry partners, City Church and Florida Baptist Children’s Homes.
Friday afternoon Pastor Tommy gave us a tour of City Church’s facility, where we prayed for them and their work before heading over to Miracle Mile to engage the community to introduce people to this new church opportunity in their neighborhood.
Saturday we spent most of the day at the Miami campus of Florida Baptist Children’s Homes where we provided lunch, talked with the house parents and kids, and assisted in cleaning up. What a memorable visit!
Here are a few of our takeaways from this weekend mission trip to minister to our southern Floridians:
- They are open to an invitation to church
- They recognize how impactful faith can be in their lives
- Having a pastor who is committed to making roots in a community is needed and has potential for long-term impact
- Churches of all languages are needed in South Florida
- We have an obligation to continue to embrace foster children and those ministering to them
- Immediate response to a spoken need goes a long way in showing you heard them, you are for them, and so is God
We see you, Miami!