If you want to experience the life of Jesus, you have to adopt the lifestyle of Jesus.
In prepping for a talk, this John Mark Comer quote from The Ruthless Eliminaion of Hurry made the notes.
- For his Father. “If you keep my commands you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.” John 15:10
- Balance. “And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and with people.” Luke 2:52
- Prayer. “Immediately he made his disciples get into the boat and go ahead of him to the other side, to Bethsaida, while he dismissed the crowd. After he said goodbye to them, he went away to the mountain to pray.” Mark 6:45-46
- Non-materialistic. “So don’t worry, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ Or ‘What will we drink?’ Or ‘What will we wear?’ For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things, and your heavenly father knows that you need them. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you.” Matthew 6:31-33
- People. “When he saw the crowds, he felt compassion for them, because they were distressed and dejected, like sheep without a shepherd.” Matthew 9:36
What else would you add? Consider completing this for a devotional exercise and reply with your thoughts.