“But Boaz answered her, “All that you have done for your mother-in-law since the death of your husband has been fully told to me, and how you left your father and mother and your native land and came to a people that you did not know before. The Lord repay you for what you have done, and a full reward be given you by the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge!”” Ruth 2:11-12 ESV
By Ruth’s example we see where the best place of refuge is.
- It’s not always with family.
- It’s not always with comfort.
- It’s not always with the expected.
- It’s not always with what’s familiar.
- It may involve sacrifice.
- It may involve leaving it all behind.
- It may involve ignoring the norm.
Under the wings of the God of Ruth we see where the best place of refuge is.