If you aspire to be a leader…If you currently have a leadership post…If you wonder how you’re doing as a leader, here are some points to consider (random and not exhaustive), especially for those serving the church world.
- The only person to fear is the Holy Spirit.
- Weigh carefully every “yes” and every “no.”
- Be ready to say at any time, “I messed up.”
- Expect disappointment, but don’t let it root bitterness.
- Going to bed angry is always a bad choice.
- You will never regret praying.
- Professional Counselors are your friends.
- Your weaknesses aren’t meant to bring you shame. They are reminders that you shouldn’t go it alone.
- Horizontal affirmation will never be enough.
- When you think you’ve communicated something well, ask yourself, “Did Grandma get that?”
- God determines when you’re done.
- The broader your reading the deeper your growth.
- Your awe of God level produces your peace and contentment level.
- Arrive prepared. Confess if you aren’t.
- Assume you can always build more trust.
- Thank the person or group who discovered the solution.
- Believe someone else is the smartest person in the room.
- You must meet people where they in order to lead them where they need to go.