(A simple series highlighting verses from each chapter of the book of Proverbs)
Solomon takes several portions of this book to warn his son about the lores of immorality and adultery. Chapter 5 is his instructions about an immoral woman.
“She doesn’t consider the path of life; she doesn’t know that her ways are unstable.” Proverbs 5:6 HCSB
She doesn’t know. That description is thought provoking.
Why doesn’t she know?
- Could it be she is just trying to survive?
- Could it be no one has ever tried to show her a better path?
- Could it be her hand is raised but it’s unnoticed, maybe even slapped away by judgment?
- Could it be she wants to come into the light but is terrified of the powers of the dark?
- Could it be that she could know if we would stop long enough to consider that she doesn’t?
These aren’t thoughts Solomon is concerned with. However, they crossed my mind as I pondered the why.