(A simple series highlighting verses from each chapter of the book of Proverbs)
Here are six things God hates, and one more that he loathes with a passion:
- eyes that are arrogant,
- a tongue that lies,
- hands that murder the innocent,
- a heart that hatches evil plots,
- feet that race down a wicked track,
- a mouth that lies under oath,
- a troublemaker in the family. Proverbs 6:16-19
Yes, God loves. But, according to these verses, God hates also.
This paraphrase from The Message states very clearly what he hates. And what God hates, we should hate also.