Prayer. It’s a subject that raises many emotions, beliefs, and practices.
About it, a friend told me this today:
I believe the Father and Son want a conversation. I’ve struggled with prayer having been raised in a church where everything was so formal. When I began talking to our Father like he was riding shotgun in my truck, I began to feel the difference.
Now that’s an image to check out how one’s prayer life is going.
- Is anyone riding shotgun?
- If so, who?
- Is it any person of the Trinity?
- How balanced is the conversation?
- How much listening is happening?
- How long is the trip?
- Does the conversation ever stop?
- If so, what stops it?
- What happens in the conversation lull?
Suggestion: use this imagery the rest of this week. See what changes in your praying. Who knew prayer could be like riding shotgun?
Photo Credit: Unsplash/Sinitta Leunen