Monday I joined the 50 ranks. Whatever that’s supposed to feel like, I’m pretty sure I don’t. By age 50, you’d think I’d feel pretty sure about just about everything. One thing I am most assured of is I’m sure I don’t.
Yet in a reflective mode, I challenged myself to list what I’m most assured of about life after living 50 years. These five things topped the list:
- God is Right-He’s right about himself, and he’s certainly right about me. He’s right about good and evil, love and hate, holiness and pride, the present and the future, and power and humility. The depth of my submission to his “rightness” is the depth of my contentment and peace.
- There’s More Than This-Although there’s a lot to enjoy about God’s earth, life is more than what I can see, taste, hear, touch, and feel. An eternal perspective reveals the “more” and keeps the visible in its proper priority.
- Less is More-Specifically less noise, less doing, less collecting of stuff replaced by more listening, more being, and more margin.
- Giving and Receiving are both important-Yes, Paul mentions in Acts that givers are more blessed. I don’t disagree with that. My caveat is that I can’t just keep on giving and giving and resist receiving. I have to receive in order to give. Both are important.
- A godly life results in no regrets-“I want no regrets when the horses come for me.” -Margaret Becker
What are you most assured of?
3 thoughts on “1st 50 years-5 things I’m Sure Of”
First, Hapoy Birthday! Welcome to the over 50 club!
What am I Most assured of? God’s Love
Lisa Bevill AND Margaret Becker all within a week (at least for me)????? You are really taking me back ….